Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #12

This feature is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It is a way to showcase upcoming releases that we're excited about.

My Pick

Synopsis
Violin prodigy Etta Spencer had big plans for her future, but a tragedy has put her once-bright career at risk. Closely tied to her musical skill, however, is a mysterious power she doesn't even know she has. When her two talents collide during a stressful performance, Etta is drawn back hundreds of years through time

Etta wakes, confused and terrified, in 1776, in the midst a fierce sea battle. Nicholas Carter, the handsome young prize master of a privateering ship, has been hired to retrieve Etta and deliver her unharmed to the Ironwoods, a powerful family in the Colonies--the very same one that orchestrated her jump back, and one Nicholas himself has ties to. But discovering she can time travel is nothing compared to the shock of discovering the true reason the Ironwoods have ensnared her in their web. 

Another traveler has stolen an object of untold value from them, and, if Etta can find it, they will return her to her own time. Out of options, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the mysterious traveler. But as they draw closer to each other and the end of their search, the true nature of the object, and the dangerous game the Ironwoods are playing, comes to light -- threatening to separate her not only from Nicholas, but her path home... forever.

My Thoughts
Um, how the heck did I not know much about this book until recently? Time travel is one of my favorite things in the entire universe. Plus, you all know that I love gorgeous covers, and this one is definitely beautiful. I also love reading books about musical prodigies. So combining musical prodigies with time travel is a great way to get me to read the book.

I'm so envious of all the people at BEA who nabbed a copy of this one.

So what books are you waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. Super excited to read this one, Alexia! I loved the TDM series, and Brightly Woven. I hope you love it when you get the chance to read it!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.