Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holiday Greetings, Lists & Reading Slumps

Hi guys! 

If you celebrate Christmas, I hope you are able to spend some time with loved ones this year. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I still hope you've been able to spend time with loved ones during the month of December. If not, I hope you've been able to read a ton of books in December, and feel free to tell me all about what you are reading in the comments below. 

I've been dealing with a bit of a genre specific slump. It figures that just when I got A Court of Thorns and Roses by S. J. Maas, I ended up with a serious fantasy slump. So I had to put it down and return to my first love, contemporary. So I'm currently reading and enjoying Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby. I am eagerly awaiting that moment when I am desperate to pick up ACOTAR again.

I also wanted to do some lists. A few top 5 lists in this post for categories I was thinking about. Plus I love making lists.

Top Five Favorite Female Characters I met in 2014
Adelina- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Joise Moraine- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Lia- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Lara Jean- To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Joy- Stronger Than You Know by Jolene Perry

Top Five Favorite Male Characters I met in 2014
Max- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
Alex- Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
Ignifex- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Bodee- Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Rafe- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Top Five Hidden Gems of 2014
Pointe by Brandy Colbert
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Taley
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
Beware the Wild by Natalie C, Parker
17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen

I don't know how much I'll be around in the next week or so, and I'm not sure how much action the blog will have on it. Next week is also my birthday, so I'll get double the family time, so YAY. My brother's birthday is tomorrow, so we will not only be celebrating Christmas, but my brother's 14th birthday as well.

Feel free to comment on my lists and tell me if there are any that you agree or disagree with.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.