Friday, December 12, 2014

2014 Annual End Of The Year Survey

This end of the year survey is hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner. Go check out Jamie's survey and link up your survey with hers.

So check out my responses to the survey questions and see if you agree or disagree with any of my answers.

reading-stats-2014

Number Of Books You Read:

127. Next year I need to hike up my Goodreads Challenge because I met my challenge back when it was still summer.


Number of Re-Reads:

I don't think I had any re-reads this year.


Genre You Read The Most From:

 YA Contemporary

best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?

Oh crap-cakes, this is going to be hard. 
Contemporary
-The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
-Pointe by Brandy Colbert
-Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills
-Stronger Than You Know by Jolene Perry
-Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Fantasy
-The Young Elites by Marie Lu
-The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Dystopian
-Captive (Pawn #2) by Aimee Carter
Historical
-Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
Paranormal
-(Don't You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn
-Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

-The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
-Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 

-Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley. This book surprised me in a wonderful way.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?

-Pointe by Brandy Colbert

 5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?

-Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
-Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?

-Anne Blankman

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

-Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

-The Young Elites by Marie Lu

 9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

-Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
-The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?

-The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
-The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
-Don't Look Back by Jennifer Lynn Armentrout
-Captive (Pawn #2) by Aimee Carter
Pointe by Brandy Colbert

11. Most memorable character of 2014?

-Adelina from The Young Elites

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
-Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?

-Little Peach by Peggy Kern

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 

 -Burn For Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?

"Maybe there were a hundred different ways to fall in love." The Kiss of Deception

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

  -Longest book: Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry (544 pages)
-Shortest book: Red At Night (e-novella) by Katie McGarry (84 pages)

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

-The Jewel by Amy Ewing 

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

-Gretchen & Daniel from Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
-Paige & Max from The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

-Erin and her mom from Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

-The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
-Don't Look Back by Jennifer Lynn Armentrout

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

-17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?

-Raffe from The Kiss of Deception

-Max from The Start of Me and You

-Daniel from Prisoner of Night and Fog

-Bodie from Faking Normal

23. Best 2014 debut you read?

 -Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

 -The Young Elites by Marie Lu
-The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

-Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?

-Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills
-The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

-Pointe by Brandy Colbert. So good and so under-appreciated.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

-Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills
-The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?

-Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
-Feral by Holly Schindler

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

-Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor. This book absolutely infuriated me.

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

-Too numerous to count. I found some great ones though.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

-Don't Look Back by Jennifer Lynn Armentrout.

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

-The Healing Process- Where I talked about life after the ending of an engagement and how I was doing since finding out I was being cheated on.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

-The virtual event that Bloomsbury held for their reviewers. It allowed us to see what books Bloomsbury had coming out in the Spring of 2015. It was such a fun event.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

-Again, Bloomsbury's getting a lot of love from me. My best moment would have to be when I started receiving the upcoming catalogs in my email. It may sound weird, but that was when I really started to feel significant.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

-2014 Debut Authors Bash- 101 views


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

-If We Were Having Coffee #1- This was cathartic for me and I was excited to do it. 

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

-Book Outlet. I've placed two orders with them and have gotten so many awesome books at majorly discounted prices.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

 -Aside from the Goodreads Challenge that I blew out of the water, I really didn't reach any of the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of the year.
looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?

 -The Devil You Know by Trish Doller

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

-What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi
-Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

This is going to be yet another difficult category
-Ensnared (Splintered #3) by A.G. Howard
-The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson
-Diamonds Are Forever ( The Secret Diamond Sisters #3) by Michelle Madow

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

 -Go to YallWest in April since BEA is still a bit pricey for me.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
                                            -The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
                                -Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills

So, tell me some of your favorite books of 2014.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled to see POINTE so many times on this list! You know how I feel about this book. I'm also rather jealous you already got to read THE START OF ME AND YOU. I also am pleased to see THE YOUNG ELITES on this list since I got a copy from my #TBTBSanta. I hope you have a fabulous reading year in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in Positively Beautiful! I hadn't heard of it until now, but after seeing how many times you listed it, it looks like something worth checking out. And I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed The Start of Me and You!! I really enjoyed that one and I cannot wait to own a copy.

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo...I noticed you listed Little Peach. I am SO intrigued by that book, and I'm really glad you listed it because it sounds very excellent.

    Hope your 2015 is splendiferous and full of great books! :)

    Renae @ Respiring Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s so fun reading the answers to this survey, I’m discovering so many great books this way. Congrats on reading 127 books, that's an impressive number. Most of your favourite reads this year are ones that I still need to get to. Pointe is one I have been intrigued by for so long but still haven't gotten to it. I've owned Open Road Summer for months now, so I should really make time to read that one - I've been hearing nothing but good things. I can't wait for The Red Queen, it looks so good! Great answers! :) I recently did my own survey, which can be found here if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen The Kiss of Deception on so many lists, I'm definitely making it a priority to read in January!! The cover really is gorgeous. I'm very excited for Red Queen and An Ember in the Ashes also. 2015 is going to be a good year for fantasy! Some of my favorite books this year were Heir of Fire, Unmade, Since You've Been Gone, Every Breath... but there are so many more! I didn't read as many as you but I read a bunch of good ones :) http://gonewiththewords.com/2014/12/morgans-2014-end-year-survey.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.