Friday, December 13, 2013

Book Blogger Challenge- Week 14

This challenge comes from Good Books & Good Wine.

This week's question is a bit of repeat of one that I answered way back at the beginning of my blogging journey. However, I'll still answer it.

Tell Us Your Deal Breakers

~God/Religion~
This is my number one thing. I am an atheist so it would make no sense for me to read a book about a God that I don't believe in. I am also not religious at all so anything that so much as HINTS at being religious in any capacity does not get a home on my bookshelf.

~Politics~
This one's easy. I find politics to be boring and I will not read a book that so much as HINTS at it.However, if it's a dystopian book, I can overlook the politics. If it's a contemporary, then no.

~Insta-love/lust~
First of all I am not into that cheesy & corny crap. There is no such thing as insta love. There is such a thing as insta-lust and I wish people would call it that rather than calling it love. You cannot love someone you don't know and may have never met.

~Bad Author Behavior~
If I hear a story about an author behaving badly to either another author or a blogger like myself,I will NOT pick up their book.To me it would be like rewarding them for behaving badly. No just no.

~Using Sex As The Only Plot Point~
If I have to hear someone say "Well Sex Sells" one more time, I may put my fist through a wall. Yes sex does amp up the book sales but for me if there is nothing else to the story I am going to throw it as far away from my body as possible.Even erotica has to have SOME sort of plot in order for me to read it. If it doesn't,then I don't read it. Simple as that.

~Steampunk~
If someone could just explain to me WHAT it is,I'd be greatful. As it is,I don't get it and don't understand the appeal.

~Aliens/Zombies/Werewolves & Vampires~
I threw all four of these together because I just don't get the appeal of any of them. I like a good SciFi book as much as the next person but Aliens? No thank you. I think I've seen enough Vampire crap to last me a lifetime. Zombies,um no thank you. There was only one series that I loved a werewolf character and if you are as much of a geek as I am,then you'll know what I'm talking about.

~Abuse~
Sometimes these stories are done beautifully and they tell the tale of a battered woman escaping from a violent man. But I rarely read them and that's because usually we are forced to read about the abuse in graphic detail. I will not be okay with that. It's like abuse is being glorified which makes me sick.

~Cheating~
This is something I don't accept in my real life.Why should my reading choices be any different.It's rude,disrespectful and like abuse,it glorifies the act.

~Historical Books~
I hated history in high school,hated it in college so why would I want to read anything with a historical theme? Answer is,I wouldn't. Historical books of any kind bore the heck outta me and you won't catch me reading them.There's one caveat and that is, I will read fictional historical novels if they are set in the time of the Holocaust. I have a very strange fascination with the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.