Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Thicker Than Blood: A Collection of Short Stories by K.N. Lee

Book Title: Thicker Than Blood: A Collection of Short Stories
Author: K.N. Lee
Published Date: June 8th, 2013
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services Inc.
Genre: Short Story/Horror
Standalone
Book Link: Goodreads
Purchase Link: Amazon

Synopsis from Goodreads:
A collection of dark tales. 

Thicker Than Blood 
Twin girls embark on a journey of fear, discovery, and death. 

Where is Katie? 
This little girl is more than what she seems. What is she hiding? 

The Galloway Lake 
There are rumors that the Galloway Lake is haunted. Tanya wakes up to find herself drowning in it. Can she survive this horrific night?

Disclaimer: This e-book was a personal purchase.

Review:
I think I have come to the conclusion that short stories just aren't my thing at all. This is the 2nd book of short stories that I have read and I just cannot get into them. I was hopeful because the descriptions od each short story looked really good and creepy. However the only one I actually liked was the 2nd one. Where is Katie. That was a good one and I really would have liked to see a full length version of just that one.

The other two were just okay. I hate saying that,but I promised myself that I would be totally honest in my review of books.Overall they really didn't have the horror & creepiness factor that I was really hoping for. That's why I have to give it 2 stars.The 2nd short story saved it a little bit but not enough for me to really enjoy it.

Maybe someone else will like it. Judging by the stellar reviews I've seen,I seem to be the only one who didn't really enjoy it. Give it a shot if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.