Friday, August 16, 2013

My A-Z Bookish Survey

I came across Jamie's A-Z bookish survey and since I needed a post for today, I jumped at the chance to do my own A-Z bookish survey. It ended up being really fun and I loved doing it. So thanks to Jamie for the idea.

Author you've read the most books from: James Patterson. I used to have an entire bookshelf just for his books.I recently had to downsize, so I had to either get rid of or box up and put in the garage, most of his books.

Best Sequel Ever: I'm going to assume that this means I have to pick the second book in a series.In that case I have to go with Catching Fire.The second book in the Hunger Games trilogy was the strongest overall and it brought with it some awesome characters. Finnick & Johanna to start with.

Currently Reading: Burn (Book three in the Breathless trilogy) by Maya Banks. I got a signed ARC of it about a month ago and I finally have the time to read it.

Drink of Choice While Reading: Usually coffee but also these really awesome zero calorie Ice drinks. Flavored carbonated water.

E-reader or physical book: I love them both but lately I've fallen back in love with the smell of physical books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School: This one is easy peasy, I gotta go with Ezra from Waiting for the Storm. Ezra was swoon-worthy and I kinda fell in love with him.

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance: Replica by Jenna Black. I got it from a blogger friend without even asking for it and I ended up absolutely loving it.

Hidden Gem Book: Poor Little Dead Girls. I requested this one on a whim from Netgalley. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was freaking awesome.

Important Moment in Your Reading Life: When my mother bought me a set of the Anne of Green Gables series when I was ten.Ever since then,my love for reading has only grown.

Just Finished: Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu.

Kind of Books You Wont Read: Anything to do with religion or politics.

Longest Book You've Read: I'm pretty sure that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the longest book I've read.

Major Book Hangover Because of: I think I'm gonna have to go with Poor Little Dead Girls by Lizzie Friend. That book kept me guessing all the way through.

Number of Bookcases You Own: Well I recently had to downsize so instead of five bookcases I now have three.

One Book You've Read Multiple Times: Can I put in more than one answer? I've read the Potter series multiple times,I've read The Hunger Games & The Lord of the Rings trilogies multiple times.

Preferred Place to Read: Either in an antique chair given to my mom by a friend of hers or in my bed with pillows and blankets around me.

Quote that Inspires You:
"Trust me,the more you get to know these people,the more you realize that they're really not untouchable at all. They are just as screwed up as the rest of us. They just have better costumes than the rest of us." Jessica from Poor Little Dead Girls

I loved this quote. It reminded me that no one is perfect even if they appear to be perfect. It also reminded me that judging people based off of what you see in front of you may not be accurate.

Reading Regret: Lord of the Flies. Worst book I have ever read. I had to read that for a college class and I hated it.

Series you started and need to finish: None. I finish books that are in a series.

Three of your all time favorite books: I'm a Potterhead so they will all be from that amazing series. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Unapologetic Fangirl for: Harry Potter.

Very Excited for This Release More Than All the Others: Either Allegiant (book 3 in the Divergent series) or Ignite Me (3rd book in the Shatter Me series)

Worst Bookish Habit: I don't have any.

X Marks the Spot. Start at the left side of the bookshelf and pick the 27th book: Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike

Your Latest Book Purchase: E-book of Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu.

Zzz-Snatcher book (the book that kept you up too late): Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

This was so much fun. Comment on the post and let me know if you identify with anything I said or if you did your own bookish survey.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Anne of Green Gables is such an important book. I still remember being at my grandparent's house when I read it the first time. Totally stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.

      I still do go back and re-read the series from time to time. I just recently had to get a new set as my originals were read practically to death.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.