Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Baby Talk (Book 1) by Mike Wells


Author: Mike Wells
Published Date: May 19th, 2011
Sold by Amazon Digital Services Inc.
Genre: Horror
Series: Book 1 of a 2 book series
Available at Amazon.com in Kindle version.Available at Barnes & Noble in Nook version.


Synopsis: Neal Becker never wanted this life. He had so many plans for his life and none of these plans involved being a young husband and father working a crappy dead end job. Now he's convinced that his 5 month old can talk in full comprehensible sentences.Neal also believes that Baby Natasha is out to get him as revenge for wanting his wife to have an abortion.

Disclaimer: I bought this e-book off of Amazon.com for free.

Review: After recently being disappointed with a book that had claimed to be of the horror genre,I was a little apprehensive about picking this one up. However,once I did pick it up,I couldn't put it down. It was everything I could ever want in a horror book. It had that creepiness factor that I love. If you are expecting a long book,forget about it. It's very short & leaves us with a cliffhanger.

Annie was one of those overbearing mothers that made me want to slap her every time she used the aggravating baby talk. Yet Neal was completely hands off and totally indifferent to Natasha and that bugged me too.So poor Natasha definitely had not won the parent jackpot.

I can't blame Annie for not believing Neal. Babies just don't talk at age 5 months. I can't blame her for threatening Neal with visiting a "special" hospital because Neal was absolutely behaving extremely strangely. I don't blame her for being worried & even scared for her daughter.

I believe that Neal's obvious dislike of his child was absolutely projection from how he hadn't been happy when he got Annie pregnant.He hated himself for the choices that he made and that was totally on him which he didn't seem to "get"

I absolutely loved this book and am giving it 4 stars mainly because Annie was overly annoying. That said,I will be buying book 2 in this series because I am dying to see how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.