Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Turning down review requests

First of all,I just need to say thank you to all of the awesome book bloggers and authors that I have begun to network with. It's an awesome feeling.

Now here comes the real point of this post. My email address is getting out there to authors & publishers and while that's great,that's also where the problems come in. See I don't have infinite amounts of time to read every single book that authors/publishers want to send me.Also getting requests to review a book that I know almost instantly that I won't want to read is tough.I don't want to seem rude or ungrateful but I've received 6 emails in less than a week and I've had to decline 1/3 of the books offered to me.

I don't do it to hurt other people's feelings. I do it either because I don't have the time or I'm just not that interested in the book that they are offering.

A few of the offers that are coming in are making me realize that I need to refine the list of books that I am not interested in.

I am already being relatively selective about the books that I choose to review.I think I just need to keep doing that and not ask for books that I really am not terribly interested in.

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't feel bad. It costs authors a lot of money to send out ARC's. By turning down ones you don't like you are saving the author money and giving someone who would really like the book a chance to review it. It's best all round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,you're totally right. Darn that people pleasing gene that only comes out sometimes.I gotta keep remembering that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.